- Remember if you're using a hashtag from a public account, anyone who does a search for the hashtag will find your tweet. So, make sure the hashtag is appropriate, professional and relevant.
- Don't use too many hashtags as that's considered as spam. Twitter's Best Practice recommends using a maximum of two hashtags.
- Hashtags can appear anywhere in your tweet, not just at the end of your tweet.
- Find interesting tweets on a topic and profiles to follow by searching for a hashtag topic in the search field.
- Create your own hashtag by simply putting the hashtag symbol # in front of your topic. When creating a hashtag remember to see if it's already being used first as part of someone's marketing campaign, competition etc.
We hope you find these tips helpful. Catch up on all our tips here.