What is Mosaic 16?
It’s the joint meeting of the Medical Library Association (MLA), the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada (CHLA/ABSC), and the International Clinical Librarian Conference (ICLC)
Why is Mosaic ‘16 Career Gold
Studies show successful professionals advance their career by engaging in networking and education. Must-dos for every career-minded professional is to be active within your Industry, treat mentors right, keep learning, build relationships and stay in touch. Mosaic '16 offers all this and more. Here's what past attendees say about the MLA Annual Meeting:
· “Attending is indispensable for librarians with a strong role or interest in any health sciences! “
· “I find attendance to be a much needed professional development power boost and national peer networking opportunity. Absolutely love seeing my long distance professional colleagues in person each year “
· “As a Master s student, I appreciated the learning experiences and support I received at MLA 15 in Austin, TX. I learned so much and made wonderful connections with people. “
· “... an opportunity to hear inspiring speakers, network with colleagues, talk with exhibitors, andexperience geographic treasurers!”
· “... an exceptional place to network, learn, and get exposure to a world of information that is tailored to health sciences librarianship.”
· “Attending always reminds me of the great work being done by many creative and dedicated librarians. The speakers and programming inspire me. The CE courses advance my skills and knowledge.”
· “As a first timer, I didn’t know what to expect and I am not the world’s most outgoing person. The people I met were warm, friendly, and engaging. On top of everything else, I learned a lot!”
· “Attending gives you the knowledge, inspiration, and enthusiasm to follow your heart and be a library superstar. “
· “I have been to other library association meetings --none of them come close to the level of networking and education provided at MLA.”
Register now for Mosaic '16 before the Early Bird discount ends March 31st. Join your colleagues at the largest gathering of medical librarians and health information professionals in the world. Mosaic'16 is a special joint meeting of the Medical Library Association (MLA), the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada (CHLA/ABSC), and the International Clinical Librarian Conference (ICLC) in Toronto May 13–18, 2016. Come be part of the big picture!
Mosaic'16 offers attendees a wide range of networking opportunities. A few require advance sign up:
Colleague Connection at Mosaic ’16: Sign up Now Open!
Colleague Connection pairs newer members or first-time meeting attendees with returning, experienced members. Colleague Connection introduces new attendees to the association and helps them get the most out of the meeting. Contacts made through Colleague Connection can lead to lifelong friendships and expand your professional network. Sign up as a mentee or mentor by Friday, April 29.
Job Seekers and Employers: Sign up for the Job Placement Center at Mosaic ’16 in Toronto!
Register for the Mosaic ’16 job placement center by completing the appropriate form for job seekers or for job opportunities by April 25. Contact Tomi Gunn for more information. During the meeting, you can stop by the MLA Job Placement Center on Level One in Room 104A in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to submit your forms.
MLA Resume Clinic
Sign up now for the Mosaic ’16 MLA Resume Clinic! Meeting attendees have the opportunity to have their cover letters, resumes, and CVs reviewed by an experienced health sciences librarian. For the first time, we will also conduct mock interviews on Saturday, May 14. Also for the first time, to support the joint meeting with the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada, we will offer resume clinic services in both English and French.